Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Blog Post Two

All about SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States):

    As mentioned in my last blog post and due to my main media sources, you could say that I am not exactly up to date on any current events or really anything circling around government and law. I also have not exactly loved the subject of history, however, when it comes to the Supreme Court of the United States, I can say that I am somewhat in the know. I do know that the Supreme Court is the highest court in the federal judiciary. The Supreme Court also has the power over any United States court case, specifically federal court cases over the state. 
    The article from history. com titled Supreme Court has enlightened me on many more things about the Supreme Court of the United States that I did not know before. According to this article, I learned that article three of the United States Constitution was when the Supreme Court was established. The Supreme Court is made up of six representatives who day-to-day study case files and will be in the position until the day they die or until they retire. To become a Supreme Court Justice, you must be elected by the United States president and approved or denied by the United States Senate. 
    I believe that the most important fact about the supreme court that I learned through the article was about the circuit court. The justices were required to hold circuit court twice a year in each judicial district for more than 100 years following the establishment of the Supreme Court; this taxing obligation was formally repealed by Congress in 1891.
    The most surprising thing that I learned about the Supreme Court is the Chief Justices' position. As was the case with Presidents Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton, and Donald Trump, the chief justice also presides over impeachment proceedings against the President of the United States in the U.S. Senate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post 10

 Artificial Intelligence: Is it good or bad?   Artificial intelligence (AI) is the ability of a computer program or a machine to think and l...