Monday, September 5, 2022

Blog Post One

     Being informed and maintaining what is going on in our world is extremely important. Current news is changing day to day and to be able to better understand our world, we all need to find our preferences for news sources. As cliche as it may sound, social media has become my muse for news sources. I'd like to say that I am in the know with recent news but with my main sources, I can confidently say that it is mostly word of mouth and may not always be the most accurate. I can also say that the algorithm I have on the majority of the social media I am on is geared toward what I want to see, so whether it is biased or not can be up for debate. However, I can say that being in the know or being informed about something comes from any kind of media, biased or not. As much as I wish I could say that I watch the news or look up current events in articles through news corporations, however, for the people of my generation, this is not always the case. 

    

To start, TikTok has become my main media source. TikTok is a social media app where users can make, share, and find brief videos. The software gives young people a platform to express themselves through lip-syncing, dancing, comedy, and singing. It also enables users to make movies and share them with their social networks. TikTok has grown immensely since its introduction, and now people are using it to share things like media and current news. 


Another social media site that I have used to inform myself about current events is Instagram. On Instagram, there is a feed called the trending page which allows for more important posts to be seen by the public. These posts can be news articles, our favorite celebrities, and even short video reels. As mentioned with TikTok, there is an algorithm that is shown to each person, but it is still a valid way to get current event updates.  




Snapchat is a social media source that people overlook for "current" news. Even though people see it as social media to communicate with friends, they also share reels from companies like daily mail, buzz feed, and TMZ. There are more than can be listed, however, this news is highlighted as more of a paparazzi and gossip insight on our favorite celebrities. However, I have seen things about our current president and information about the government. 


Twitter is the most accessible social media source when it comes to getting information. People around the world are constantly tweeting news articles and current events that people are able to comment on. You also have the ability to follow fox news, CNN, and other news media outlets. I'm sure we all know that famous people in government also are users of Twitter. In the past, these government officials making tweets have also caused people of different mindsets to argue. 



Facebook is also a social media that you can easily access up-to-date media. Like the others, news articles are shared every day by people who want to start conversations with their followers. Like Instagram and Snapchat, they have a page where you can see more popular topics that are going on currently. With the audience of Facebook tending to be an older audience,  this social media might deem to be the most accurate on where to get news from. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post 10

 Artificial Intelligence: Is it good or bad?   Artificial intelligence (AI) is the ability of a computer program or a machine to think and l...